Background

December 25, 2013

Christmas Eve Outfit & Makeup!


Hello and Merry Christmas!
This year we decided to spend Christmas Eve on our house, alongside my mom, dad, brother and grandma, also our little Pomeranian dog Brownie! My grandma, mom and I each cooked a couple different plates. I did gingerbread man cookies and scalloped potatoes. The cookies were great, I loved them! The potatoes were good but a little on the drier side because I left it a bit longer than the recipe suggested. Oops! They were still really good and a hit among my family. We spent the night taking pictures, enjoying the Christmas music, dancing a bit, watching fireworks and of course eating!

I wore a tan colored peplum dress, black pumps and some small gold earrings. The outfit wasn't supposed to be the star of the show as it was quite simple. 

The makeup though was supposed to pop more. For makeup I did a gold and brown look (my faves). I used a matte chocolate brown on the inner corner and outer corner as well as the crease; on the middle of the lid I patted a frosty gold and lined my upper lashline with a black gel liner. On the lower lashline I applied the chocolate brown almost all the way in and on the bare part I applied the shimmery gold; a matte vanilla highlight, some brown eyeliner on the waterline and tightline, some coats of mascara and done with the eyes. For lips, I gave them a good exfoliation and applied MAC Lady Danger lipstick because... it just isn't Christmas without a red lip!

I stepped out of my comfort zone and decided that I was going to do a more dramatic eye than what I'm used to when wearing Lady Danger. If you read my review of Lady Danger then you might know that I usually wear it with minimal eye makeup, but yesterday I went all for it with the eyes and lips and I loved it!

And the last part... hair, I just curled it with a 1/2 inch to 1 inch Hot Tools curling wand and as I curled each section I pinned the curl so it would cool off. I did this for the bottom layers; for the top layer of hair, I did not pin the curls so they'd be a bit more loose. I let the hair down parted it where I wanted and done!

Dress: Bershka
Black pumps: Baker's
Earrings: Gift from my grandma

PS: I know the lighting isn't the best sorry! I tried to fix it as best as I could.




Awkward picture of me trying to blow a kiss, but it's the only one where you can clearly see the eye makeup.



Happy Holidays! Hope you had a great time with family!

Hugs and kisses from me to you!



No comments:

Post a Comment