Background

December 5, 2013

MAC Lady Danger Lipstick | Review and Lip Swatch

MAC Lady Danger Lipstick
Hello lovely people!
On this chilly day (or as chilly as it can get in DR, we're talking 79° F, yes to me that is chilly) I am reviewing what I consider a very nice lipstick for this time of year. Actually wait, I lied- this lipstick is an all year rounder. It is perfect for spring and summer as it is fun and bright, BUT it is also great for fall and winter since it is a warm twist on your classic blue toned red.


To clear up your thoughts (although you might already know what lipstick it is) I am talking about one of MAC's bestselling shades, Lady Danger (15USD). MAC describes this shade as being a "vivid bright coral-red". The shade is in between an orange and a red, but on me it pulls more red than orange. Lady Danger is matte, which makes you think of a dry lipstick that tugs at your lips, am I right? Well you are wrong, this lipstick is creamy, or as creamy as a matte lipstick can be. It applies like a dream. Although, like any matte lipstick it will accentuate dryness so I recommend exfolating your lips prior to applying it. The lipstick does not feel hydrating or dry, and wears for about 6 hours. The lipstick is fully opaque in just one swipe.

When I wear Lady Danger I base my look around it, so the lip is the center of attention. I wear my eye makeup minimal (light eyeshadow and some definition in the crease), stronger brows than usual, and very light natural blush.



If you own Lady Danger tell me, what is your favorite way to wear it or if you do acutally wear it? If you don't own this shade, go check it out at any MAC store!

Lovingly,
Kiara Rivera


4 comments:

  1. It's one of my favorite lipsticks of all time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't own it but I've seen this lipstick quite a few times recently on YouTube and blogs. It looks nice!

    RIKKI //
    RIKKI POYNTER MAKEUP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it because of YouTube actually! I'd always see it on people and wanted it badly and eventually got it. It's so nice.

      Delete